Audit services have become entirely usable after the regulation passed in 2006. Following the law on General Audit and Certification of Ships issued by the Ministry of Transport, Maritime Affairs and Communications, these rules must be followed. The regulations included in this regulation are as follows:
- Materials, equipment and all other equipment on board must comply with current legal regulations.
- Ship employees and operating procedures must comply with legal regulations.
- Marine pollution caused by ships should be prevented.
- To ensure the safety of the seas, it must comply with the international conventions on the subjects.
- The principles regarding the sanctions and certification to be applied due to the audits to be carried out in the regulation of audit services will be determined.
The articles in the regulation of audit services cover the following ships.
- Turkish ships
- All ships built abroad that will become Turkish ships when completed.
- Foreign ships within the Turkish maritime jurisdiction within the scope of the restrictions stipulated due to international legal regulations.
- Ships within the boundaries of Turkey in the time of construction and repair.
About Audit Services
According to this regulation, audit services ensure that international agreements of the relevant domestic legal laws are fulfilled. It also includes all audit activities, documentation, verifications, approvals and other controls.
In addition to this, the following audit services are also provided on behalf of the enterprises that continue to operate in the maritime sector according to the demands of the customers:
- Compliance with obligations arising from contracts and legal regulations between the parties
- Minimizing environmental risks
- To reduce costs and prevent operational errors
- To carry out activities in line with occupational safety and health principles
- To motivate employees and to provide the necessary training
- Trying to stay ahead of the competition with other businesses
- To gain the trust of customers in the services provided
- Eliminating the risks of penal sanctions and not falling into a penalty due to the activity results.
To ensure this, supervision organizations also provide audit services. Trained and experienced auditors meet the multiple audit needs of businesses. Supervision agencies offer these services through the international supervision company status provided by the Ministry of Economy.
What are Audit Services?
Expanding commercial activities and increasing production, and sending goods to fairly long distances has become easier with developing technologies. However, companies that export and imports at the same rate have begun to be careful and meticulous in matters such as loading, unloading, and transporting their goods. Likewise, the enterprises’ expectations for delivering the traded goods in good conditions and high standards have started.
Audit services mainly provide the following services:
- Stacking and Storage Control
- TML test
- Pre-shipment audit
- Temperature detection
- Detection of the source of water
- Hatch-cover test
- Tank cleaning audit
- Quality and clearance calculations in ship tanks
- Compliance control of ship holds for the specified cargo
- Material audit and handling
- Damage control
- Deficiency control
- Quality control
- Weighing control
- Storage-related interventions
- Recording of cargo distribution
- Supervision of loading and unloading
- Fluidity test
- Letters of protest
- Grain size test
- Moisture detection
- Control of stocked and scored products
- Weight Control (Scale and Pier)